Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Friends.......

I was just peruisng my old stomping grounds. It's a message board for SAHMs, although I'm not sure how many of us are actually at home anymore. We're either working part-time, full-time, going to school, what have you. Or, it could just be me, since I do have older kids, and I am at school. So in all honesty, I guess I'm not a SAHM anymore. But I still consider these woman some of my bestest friends. Someone mentioned the old board and the old girls, and it got me reminiscing......

I came to meet them when I had moved to Germany. I had just left my family and friends back in the States to follow the stud who looks so hot in a military uniform 4000 miles away. Being a military wife, I knew that was part of life. But it was hard, it sucked big-time. I missed everyone so much. I spent almost a year wallowing in my self pity: my life sucked, I was stuck at home with a 5 year old & a 3 year old while my husband worked all the time. Then, somehow, thankfully, I came across ivillage. And I happened upon the SAHMs board. I met such wonderful people there. I made friends with women who I know I will be friends with for a very long time to come. I found comfort, support, comraderie, just to name a few.

Then that board became no more, so we moved to a different place. Basically the same gals, just a different place. Still loved going there everyday, "talking" to everyone. Then that board also became no more. Yet once again, we moved to a new place. But I think at this time, we were all at different places in our lives. People had done things, said things, gone places, came back, never came back, etc. It's still a great place, just not as many of the "regulars" are there anymore. It's a bit slower than the original 2 boards, but it's still "us". We don't chat as much, we don't post as much, but we're still "us".

I miss all those old times though. It seems like everyone tends to grow apart, doesn't it? Well, maybe not everyone, but lots of people do. Friends, especially. And isn't it friends we need most in our lives, to keep us sane?? Sure, we have our husbands/signifcant others/kids, but we all need the sanity that a good friend can offer. I guess what I'm trying to say is that no matter how much I may/may not post on that board anymore, or how much we may/may not all talk, I still love those girls....if any of you are reading this, big smoochies to you!!!

No comments: