Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yeah, so it's been awhile..........

since I've actually written something. And I really have no excuses or reasons why, I'm just lazy, plain & simple!

So it's the new year....yippee!! And once again I have the same resolution I've had for about oh, my entire life: lose some damn weight. So far, I haven't actually done too well on that resolution. I just get so discouraged when I can't seem to do a simple thing like stick to an exercise & diet plan. Granted, by the time I get home from class, make dinner, get the kids all ready for school the next day, and get them in bed, it's like 9:30 and I have absolutely no energy to exercise; all I wanna do it go to bed. And it doesn't really help that I eat like shit all through the day, either. I start the day off with a coffee, drink a few diet sodas at school, eat something that probably has about 60 grams of fat at school, come home and sit on my arse and study. Not really conducive to getting in shape. I just really wanted to look better when Dave came home and it's pretty apparent that ain't gonna happen. Sometimes I feel like that 15 year old with anorexia again; it just feels like I've never been able to conquer that demon inside of me. No matter how thin I've ever been, I've been fighting that demon inside of me. Now that I'm a bit larger again, nothing's changed, I long to be pretty & skinny and to like myself for who I am. Anyway, enough Freud talk for one day!

Another do-able resolution I have is to study harder and do better this quarter in school. And I've been able to keep that one pretty well. (Yes, I *am* on the computer now, but I'm just taking a "break" LOL) I just want to get a better GPA this quarter. I only got a 3.0 last quarter, which brought my cumulative GPA down to a 3.61. Now I know that's pretty good, but for this over-achiever, it's not quite good enough. You know, maybe I need something more than Zoloft, since I'm still just as OCD about school as ever! ;o)

Well, I am now off to study, study, study. Who new the cardiovascular system was so important?! ;o)

No comments: