Saturday, December 09, 2006

Just another FYI>>>>>>>>>>>

I was putting up some Christmas lights in the girls' bedrooms. They each have a metal bunkbed/loftbed type of thing, so I was wrapping the lights around the frame. As I was trying to pull the lights through, one of them smashed and broke. Oh yeah, before I started wrapping them, I plugged them in to make sure they worked. (This is a critical factor in the Michele is an idiot story) So I see that the light is broken, and that the little wire thingies inside the light are sticking out. So I try to pull that bulb out so I can just replace it with another one from another set. I pull & pull, and it wouldn't budge. So Miss 3.86 GPA decides she'll use her mouth to pull off the light.

Remember waaaay back in science class when you were taught to ALWAYS unplug something before trying to play around with it??? Well, there's a very good reason for that. See, when you try to pull something off that has an electrical current running through it with your teeth, the 2 little pieces of wire that are inside the light will make electrical cotact with your lip. Your bottom lip, to be exact. And a huge snapping noise followed by a zapping noise, followed by a rather large spark, followed by a very bad word will then occur.


So yes, I managed to semi-electrocute myself tonight. The damn wires actually burned my lip like instantaneously. I now have a fat lip, with a rather large blister on it. And let's just say that I won't be needing any lipstick on my bottom lip anytime in the near future, because it looks like it'll be a very nice shade of pinkish red for awhile LOL

So let this be a lesson to you all, don't be an idiot, always unplug things BEFORE putting them in your mouth!

No comments: